Welcome to Covenant Heritage Presbyterian Church!
“Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.” —Psalm 119:111
What? Another Church in Birmingham? Why?
All churches are not the same! Not even all Christian churches are alike. We are seeking to be a church that not only proclaims the good news that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, worshiping God in spirit and truth, but that proclaims the whole counsel of God to every area of life, equipping Christians to live together in harmony, holiness, and love in their homes, and to glorify and serve God in our work and society as Christian citizens and neighbors.
“How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!” —Psalm 144:15.
- The Whole Gospel!
- To The Whole Man!
- To The Whole World!
- The Inspiration, Infallibility, Authority, and Sufficiency of the Bible!
- The Great Commission – Making the nations Disciples of Christ!
- The Reformed Distinctives as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms!
“We believe that the Reformed faith is the Christian faith in its most comprehensive and consistent formulation and…is Christianity in its purest and most precise expression,” —R. B. Kuiper, As To Being Reformed
“It may be contended that the future, as the past, of Christianity itself is bound up with the fortunes of the Reformed Faith,” —Benjamin B. Warfield.
- Sola Scriptura – Scripture Alone!
- Solo Christo – Christ Alone!
- Sola Fide – Faith Alone!
- Sola Gratia – Grace Alone!
- Soli Deo Gloria – God’s Glory Alone!
Our Congregational Goals
We are seeking to be a church where you and your children can:
- Participate in worship and praise that celebrates the salvation and Lordship of Jesus Christ each Lord’s Day.
- Hear challenging, life changing application from God’s Word.
- Develop new relationships in Christ with fellow believers and have fellowship in a caring Christian community.
- Receive solid Biblical teaching that will equip you and families to live together in harmony, holiness, and love.
- Be taught and equipped to serve the Lord in your calling in life.
- Be taught and equipped to serve the Lord as Christian citizens.
- Be welcomed and encouraged as those who homeschool.
- Be involved in learning to serve Christ and others.
- Be welcomed as a visitor or as one seeking a church home.
- Presbyterian – Rule and Shepherding by Elders (Presbyterian is from the Biblical Greek word for “Elder” in the Bible – Acts 14:23. 20:17, Titus 1, Heb. 13:17, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Deacons – serving the temporal needs of the flock: Acts 6:1-6, 1 Tim. 3:8.
- Qualifications: Elders and Deacons are chosen according to the standards of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 and subscribe to the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Westminster Larger Catechism, and the Westminster Shorter Catechism as their statement of faith and practice.
Our Elders and Deacons have an optimistic (long-range) outlook regarding the Great Commission and God’s kingdom on earth prior to Christ’s Second Coming, Mat. 13:31-32 (WCF Chapter 8 and Scripture references, WLC Q. 191, 45, WSC Q. 26 with Scripture references).
Our Elders and Deacons believe God’s moral and civil laws in the Bible are a continuing standard of righteousness and justice for all people and nations, Mat. 5:17-19, Rom. 13:1-4 (WCF Chapter 19, Par. 4, Chapter 23, par. 3, Chapter 24, par. 4, WLC Q 99-148 with Scripture references).
Our Denomination: The Reformed Presbyterian Church – Hanover Presbytery
Are There Enough Churches Today? Not like the kind we just described!